Welcome to the website of the “Your New Home in the Czech Republic” project.
Here you will find more information about the integration seminars (see below) for which you can apply through the registration form. The seminars are free of charge and take one day.
It is not always easy to begin a life in a new country. For that reason we are holding integration seminars to make it easier for you to orient yourself in this new environment and to aid you in situations you may encounter on the way to making this country your home.
About the integration seminars
Who are these seminars for?
The seminars are for those of you who have been granted international protection after 1 January 2017 who are 15 years old or older.
What will you learn from the seminars?
You will learn basic information about your rights and responsibilities, advice on how to deal with everyday situations, and warnings about risks in the most diverse possible situations, such as accessing housing, employment, education, health care, transportation, financial services, etc.
- Your rights and responsibilities (travel out of the Czech Republic, the State Integration Program, Czech citizenship);
- Basic information about the Czech Republic (customs, etc.);
- Housing (how to find it, what to pay attention to, rights and responsibilities of renters);
- Employment (how and where to look for a job, what to do if you are unemployed, rights and responsibilities of employees);
- Business (beginning a business as a self-employed person – OSVČ – and the responsibilities of an entrepreneur);
- The social welfare system and social security (what you are entitled to if you are jobless, if you have a child or are expecting one, if you are a senior citizen, state social services);
- Health care (health insurance, what the insurance company covers, health care, pregnancy and childbirth, psychological aid);
- The education system (the Czech education system, the study of the Czech language, how to have the education you earned abroad recognized);
- Family-related matters (marriage, the birth of a child, etc.);
- Free time (tips for how to spend your free time in the Czech Republic);
- Shopping (kinds of shops, consumer protections;
- Finances (establishing a bank account in the Czech Republic, insurance, loans);
How do the integration seminars take place?
- The seminars take one day (usually from 10:00 to 18:00);
- They are run informally in smaller groups (four to 12 people);
- They are led by an experienced instructor;
- An experienced interpreter will interpret the seminar;
- We will reimburse you for the cost of travelling to the seminar;
- We will provide lunch;
- If necessary, we will arrange childcare for you.
What can you look forward to?
- An informal, open, pleasant approach;
- A guest speaker who will share his or her own experience with you of beginning to live in a new country;
- A short film about what makes the Czech Republic and Czech society specific;
- A publication with important contacts and references that you can take home.
When and where will the integration seminars happen?
- At the integration shelter centres, contact points, or in the surrounding area;
- We will attempt to hold a seminar as close to where you live as possible;
- We will inform you of the date and location after you register.
Registration and contact information
Register for the seminar here and we will contact you soon about the date and location.
For more information, contact us at: email@example.com, telefonní kontakt (pro určitou jazykovou skupinu) nemáme ještě definován.
We hope the integration seminar will aid you with finding a new home here and actively joining the life of this society.
We are looking forward to welcoming you to the seminar!
Seminář je realizován pod záštitou Ministerstva vnitra ČR.
Projekt Nový domov v České republice AMIF/15/04 je financován v rámci národního programu Azylového, migračního a integračního fondu a rozpočtu Ministerstva vnitra České republiky.